The Story Market is always looking for enthusiastic and dedicated freelance journalists to join our pool of translators. Help make international syndication possible with your linguistic skills!
We are currently looking for translators with German native-skills to translate news stories from English. You must be self-motivated, organized, and have experience at a major media house or brand in journalism and writing. Ideally, you are a freelancer mainly writing yourself but with some free time for additional gigs.
Our office is in Munich, but our freelance translators work remotely.
- Translate one-off stories (1,000 to 3,000 words) from English into German
- Deliver a nice, readable story using your skills as a journalist rather than a translation
- Deliver final copy within 24-48 hours
- Edit out any grammar mistakes or unusual phrases
- Follow style guide if provided by publication
We pay competitive compensation per word.
How to apply
Please send us an email with a link to your LinkedIn profile or portfolio explaining your translating experience to email@example.com.